Please pick 3 of the 4 options.
1. Play a friend and track all of your moves. Afterwards, write 3 paragraphs about how you won or how you lost.
2. Write 4-5 paragraphs about a defensive move.
3. Write 4-5 paragraphs about a offensive move.
4. Research a principle and tell us about it.
See you on Wednesday!
We would like to welcome Allie B. for joining the club! We hope you had fun and come back next week!
We would like to give a HUGE shout out to Mr. Willens for his stupendous work! Mr. Willens has two kids in the chess club and is a great help, teaching kids and watching their games. We have added a new position to the chess club because of his outstanding work; assistant. Thank you so much and please stay!
Jack H joined us today for his first time ever playing chess.
Jack did so well and learned so fast, that by the 3rd game he won his first game!
Welcome to the best Chess Club in town!
If you didn’t do the assignment due on April 3, then you still have to do that. The new assignment is to play at least 10 games online. For some good websites, click here, here, and here.
Hello MGJDS Chess Club! Here is your assignment that is due on April 3rd, 2013.
To continue on the lines of the “basic principles” we learned yesterday, I want each of you to:
1. Find a principle and create a lesson to teach the club
2. Look up the basic principles in the library or on the internet
3. Put together 4-6 paragraphs on the principle
4. Print out 11 copies of the lesson
5. Bring it with you on 4/3/13
Please extend a warm welcome to Moti H.! We look forward to your participation.